Registration Forms – When filling out these registration forms keep in mind the following:
- Read through your voter registration forms before you begin. For the most part they are straightforward, but you should have at least a passing familiarity with them before handing them out.
- Forms must be complete. Do not leave any boxes empty unless instructed to do so on the form.
- Be sure to get the applicant’s phone number on the card. Cards will be reviewed for completion. If there is a problem, the team checking need to able to contact registrants with incomplete forms.
- If the applicant has been issued a California driver’s license (even if it is no longer valid) they must give their driver’s license number on the form. Only in the event that the applicant has never been issued a CA driver’s license should you use the applicant’s social security number.
- If an applicant asks to take the form home, please encourage them to give you the form. Tell them that we will double check to make sure that the information is complete and that we will save them a trip to the post office. Do whatever you can to get the form filled out in front of you since these registrations only count towards our total if we get the forms back.
- If someone requests a form but does not wish to return it to you for any reason, you must give them a form.